Age UK Cheshire West and Cheshire Health walks is for people aged 55 plus. There are various weekly and one off local walk programmes ranging from strolls to walks under 90 minutes. Walking is a great way to stay active, keep healthy and enjoy the beautiful scenery with like-minded people. All walks are led by trained leaders who have been assessed as suitable.
This is the current walk schedule:
- Westminster Park Walking Group. Every Tuesday at 10.15am. The walk begins at 10.30. Meet by Rangers Cabin
- Malpas Alternate Tuesdays: This walk goes around Malpas village and is a good walk to go on if new to walking. Duration of this walk is 30 to 40 minutes. High Street Church, Malpas, Cheshire at 10:15am. Call Sue on 01948 861 101
- Malpas Alternate Thursdays: A countryside walk starting in Malpas village and heading out into the clear country air. The duration of this walk is between 60 to 90 minutes. High Street Church, Malpas, Cheshire at 10:15am Call Sue on 01948 861 101
- Blacon gentle walk – Mondays. A gentle walk at a pace to suit all, taking in the Greenway and areas around Blacon. Meeting point: United Reformed Church, Saughall Road, Blacon, CH1 5EY at 10:30am. There is the option to do a short 30-minute stroll or one hour walk.
- Caldy Valley – Wednesdays. An ideal starter walk, at a pace to suit all, taking in the Caldy Valley Nature Park. Meeting at the Café in Sainsbury’s superstore on Caldy Valley Road, CH3 5QJ. Please note: On the first Wednesday of each month, this group meets at the Ring o’ Bells, Village Road, Christleton, CH3 7AS at 10:30am. Duration: 1.5hrs
- Northwich area meeting outside Northwich Memorial Court. Mondays at 1:30pm
- Various walks from Verdin Park to Fury Woods and Riverside.
- Others include walks along the River Dane to Leftwich taking in Kingsmead & return via the River Weaver.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILE EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO ENSURE THAT OUR EVENT DATA IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE, WE STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU CONTACT THE EVENT ORGANISER TO CONFIRM DATES, TIMES AND VENUES***