Nantwich “Zero Carbon River Ramble”
Sustainable Nantwich has organised a walk at 10am on Saturday 30th October to bring people together – on the eve of the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26).
The gentle ramble along the river Weaver through the picturesque historic market town, from Reaseheath to the Coed Wen community woodland, will give people the chance to get together for the planet, and learn more about some of the town’s community environmental schemes.
The event kicks off at Reaseheath – please meet at the Library. Everyone is invited to come along.
Sustainable Nantwich is a community group working to make the town a greener place for all.
- Plastic Free Nantwich campaign – Nantwich was awarded Plastic Free Town Status by Surfers Against Sewage at the end of 2019.
- The Growing Health Community Garden project.
- Campaigning for a Climate Emergency – now a member of the Cheshire East Climate Action Group.
- Working for a carbon action plan for the town.
- Working with other partners (Nantwich Forum, Cheshire East Council, Nantwich in Bloom) on a co-ordinating green space strategy and actions.
- environmental information and networking events.
- Proposals for community renewable energy.
Contact: Jeremy Herbert email@example.com or 07729 979641